Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant
FUE hair transplant utilizing sapphire tips is a method of harvesting hair follicles one by one from the back of your head, if necessary, from the beard and chest area, and implanting them in the area where there is no hair.
The feature that distinguishes Sapphire FUE hair transplant from classic FUE hair transplant is that the operation is performed using blades made of a precious gemstone called sapphire. The use of a sapphire tip instead of a metal slit is designed to open microchannels in the area where the hair follicles are to be transplanted, thus accelerating the crust formation and the healing process. Since the opened channels are quite small, wound healing after the operation is faster than a metal slit.
Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant Steps
- Hair follicles are harvested from the donor area one by one using micro-tips ranging from 0.6 to 0.7 to 0.8 mm under local anesthesia.
- Then channels are opened with sapphire tips. These micro channels can be opened smoothly with the help of sapphire tips.
- These collected hairs are implanted one by one into the recipient area.
Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant Cost
How much you will pay for a Sapphire FUE hair transplant operation, as in all other procedures, may vary depending on the country where the operation is performed, the experience of the doctors, the hair transplant technique and the number of sessions.
DHI Hair Transplant
DHI hair transplant is the improved version of FUE hair transplant. The procedure follows a procedure similar to the FUE hair transplant technique. Classical hair transplantation techniques manually open the channels in the scalp. During DHI (Direct hair implantation), a special Choi-pen both channels and insert them to the desired bald areas.
Hair follicles taken from the donor area are transplanted into the bald areas with this implanter Choi pen without opening channels. This pen has a very thin, cylindrical and sharp tip. This cylindrical Choi pen is in the shape of a canal and the hair is placed into the pen along the canal, and again with this pen, it is placed on the places where there is no hair. Hair follicles are removed one by one from the donor area and are placed on the recipient area. As a result of this process, hair follicles transplanted in bald areas grow out as new hair. This method also makes the unshaven hair transplant method possible. The recipient site does not have to be shaved. Thus, DHI is a more suitable procedure for people who wish to keep their hair long.
DHI (without shaving) Hair Transplant Steps
- During the operation, local anesthesia is applied to reduce the pain. With the sedation to be applied under the supervision of our anesthesiologist, even the pain of the local anesthesia procedure is minimized.
- With the Choi pen, hair follicles are taken one by one from the donor area (from the back of your head, if necessary from the beard and chest area).
- The hair follicles inside the Choi needle are determined at the right angle and direction and are placed on the balding area with the push effect of the needle.
Hair Transplant for Women
Female hair transplant is a microsurgical procedure that offers a permanent solution to women experiencing hair loss or thinning hair. Hair transplant operation is performed by taking healthy hair from the donor area (usually from the back of the head) of the patients and transplanting them to the balding areas. Since the hair taken from the donor area that is resistant to shedding, these hairs grow back together with the newly transplanted hair and a natural appearance is obtained.
During hair transplant, it would be aesthetically disturbing to completely shave women’s hair. Hair transplant technique without shaving prevents this look by opening a small window on the back of the head by shaving in a way that is not visible between the two ears.
A different method can be also used during hair transplant for women. This method is called long hair transplant (Long FUE) that collects the donor hair from the existing length of the hair (without shaving any of the hair). These collected long hairs are transplanted on the area where the hair needs to be transplanted. Although there is no difference between unshaven hair transplant or long hair transplant in terms of procedure, an operation plan should be made in accordance with the needs and wishes of the patient.
Hair transplant for women Steps
- A small area on the back of the head is shaved between the two ears. After you let your hair down, this area will not be visible and there is no scar indicating the hair transplant operation was carried out.
- After local anesthesia is applied to the patient, the hair is collected from this area with the help of a micro motor with a 0.6 mm or 0.8 mm diameter tip.
- Then, micro channels are created into the areas where balding occurs, and hair follicles are transplanted one by one, taking into account the direction and angle of hair growth.
Beard transplant is carried out by extracting hair follicles from the back of the head, between the two ears, under the chin or from the neck (if patients have any) and implanting them to the desired areas on the face. Beard transplant is a permanent solution for a patchy beard and lasts forever if performed properly.
DHI method is used for beard transplant using a choi pen to implant the grafts to the beard. The reason we use DHI method is that there will be no scar on the face after the operation and DHI method requires no incision into the face. With DHI, It is possible to open the channels and implant the grafts at the same time. Depending on how much hair is required to fill the patches, the operation takes 2 to 4 hours. As in hair transplant, a patient can expect significant growth in 6 months. Hair regrowth usually starts around four to six months. In 10 months, patients will see the beard transplant results.
Most important feature of Choi implanter is the angle of implanting the hair follicles. Normally, hair is implanted at 40-45 degrees. However, the hair around the beard needs to be inserted at 10-20 degrees. Using choi implanters, we are able to perform at smaller angles. So, the specialist inserts the grafts at different angles and the grafts will grow and look natural.
Another reason for using DHI is that the procedure takes shorter than FUE and patients feel less pain. A doctor needs to plan the operation according to each patient’s special needs and offer the best beard design to suit his face.