A question patient always asks is where to get a hair transplant. Choosing where to get the hair transplant done is extremely important and picking the right clinic and the right doctor is fundamental for a successful transplant. This decision process needs to be informed and taken seriously. Not only will it help you avoid disappointment but, most importantly, real risks.
As a first step, many patients deciding where to get the hair transplant, pick the country. But where to do it in the chosen country? Which Doctor and Clinic to rely on? This is why we want to offer a quick guide, as patients need best advice to make the right decision.
This article will hopefully help you understand why it’s important to ask yourself where to get a hair transplant and why you shouldn’t underestimate this choice or why you should avoid picking the lowest price .
Affordable Hair Transplant Abroad
If you are deciding where to get the hair transplant done, you will surely have doubts and uncertainties about this decision.
Choosing the right clinic and the right surgeon for you will influence your path in a positive or a negative way. After picking the Country that seems like the perfect fit for you, you’ll have to pick a Doctor and a Clinic to get your hair transplantation done.
Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic is glad to guide you towards an informed choice to avoid any disappointment in the future. If you need any additional information, please get in touch with our team and we will gladly help you!
Why choose Turkey for a hair transplant?
The first step in your decision-making process will be picking the right country for you where to get your hair transplant done. When it comes to hair transplantation, Turkey is certainly the first country that comes to mind. Turkey is one of the most successful countries in the medical tourism field and the number of patients undergoing hair transplantation in Turkey is growing exponentially each year.
Turkey offers convenient prices with the latest technology, modern and UpToDate facilities, experienced personnel and has patients coming from all over the world to get their hair transplant done.
These affordable prices are possible thanks to the favorable currency exchange, a lower cost of living compared to countries in Europe and in the US, and thanks to the many aids the Turkish government offers to medical clinics working with international patiets. This is why prices are affordable but the standards and the quality aree excellent.
How to pick the best hair transplant clinic
After choosing the country where you will get the hair transplant done, you will need to choose the hair transplant clinic that fits your needs. Clinics are not all the same and it’s important to know what you should avoid and what you should look for in a clinic to ensure a successful hair transplantation.
Here are 5 things to look for when you pick a hair transplant clinic:
- The Surgeon and the medical team: It is very important to know who’s in charge of the Clinic and what’s their experience in hair transplantation. The team should organize every single step of your journey, before and after the surgery included. Are there people speaking your language? Every single person in contact with the patient has to have in mind the patient’s comfort and well-being.
- The Facility and the Clinic: the hair transplant must be performed in a pristine, state-of-the-art, clean, hygienic and safe hospital. Clinics in apartments or small, inadequate and disorganized structures must be avoided at all costs. This is why it’s important to always ask for information about the clinic and google it, looking for pictures and reviews.
- Techniques Used for the Transplant: You need to ask the clininc which technique they use and what their recommendation is based on your needs and characteristics. The hair transplant must always be personalized according to your needs and features. The most advanced technologies at the moment are the FUE Sapphire, Soft Fue and DHI.
- Recognitions and Certifications: Choosing a clinic with worldwide recognition, approved by the Ministry of Health and with standard certifications will be an extra help to ensure you have a successful hair transplant. Every day in Turkey there’s new clinics, opened to take advantage of the growing medical tourism field, but be careful as not all clinics are the same! Another factor to keep in mind is experience when choosing where to get a hair transplant. Always look for clinics with long and proven experience.
How to pick the best hair transplant doctor
For a successful hair transplant results, it’s important to look for the best doctor. The doctor influences the success of the clinic with the quality of service he provides to his patients.
It is necessary to have a MD, Medical Doctor, guiding the Clinic with a degree in Medicine and with specialization in either Plastic Surgery or Dermatology. The Doctor must always be registered and recognized by the Ministry of Health and must have both an excellent reputation and an extensive experience in the field.
Other patients’ experiences and reviews
To know more about a clinic, you can also get in touch with patients who have already undergone hair transplantation in the past at the clinic you picked. When contacting the clinic, you can ask for referrals from patients who got the transplant in the past and make sure you are able to get in touch with them, by telephone or through online groups. It will be the best way to get reviews, advice, opinions and testimonials. You will obtain safe opinions and real reviews.
You can also do your research on Google Reviews, Forums, Facebook groups and on Social Media.
Pictures of results from other patients
Before picking where to have your hair transplant you can check before after pictures of patients who have undergone hair transplantation in the past. They’ll show you the work of the clinic, the results the clinic is able to achieve and make it possible for you to compare cases similar to yours. This can include photos and/or videos. The more photos and videos you can check, the more likely you are to know what’s possible to obtain with a hair transplant.
Hair transplantation is a surgical operation and can lead to complications and risks if performed by inexperienced people. A thoughtful and informed choice will help you achieve the results you need and want and live a happy life with your new hair.
Choosing the wrong place or people can lead to risks, unhappiness, side effects and problems.
What to avoid when picking where to get your hair transplant?
When wondering where to get the hair transplant done it’s important to keep in mind the patient’s safety and health really come first. This is why you must keep in mind you should look for some things in a clinic, but you should also avoid others when wondering where to get a hair transplant.
Here are the 4 most important things to avoid:
- Chasing the lowest price: You should never pick a clinic based on the lowest price available. An unprofessional team, poor quality, inadequate structure or poor hygiene may result in botched hair transplant. The patient’s health should not be put at risk by any kind of cheap hair transplant. Always keep in mind what’s the average price in a particular area or Country.
- Unknown clinics: Because of Turkey’s success in the medical tourism field, especially in Istanbul new clinics are open every day. Keep in mind not all clinics are the same! Rely only on clinics with a good reputation. You can search online for information, testimonials, reviews and look for a history of successful results. Avoid unknown and mistrustful clinics.
- Excessive Promises: You have to always keep in mind only the doctor is able to tell what’s possible to achieve. All of your online consultations should lead to similar solutions. Excessive promises and high hopes might just be a way to attract more patients and might eventually lead to disappointments and false hopes.
- No assistance before and after your surgery: The team you rely on is important! The team must take care of the patient before, after and during the surgery. From the preoperative phase and to the postoperative phase. Any doubts must be taken care of before the sourgery. The patient must also be followed up after the operation . This help with the results and to make sure there are no problems, doubts, complications.
Dr. Serkan Aygin Clinic and its team are happy to follow you in every step of your choice. From the pre-op phase to the post-op period, we will always be by your side. For a free consultation, for inquiries, feel free to get in touch with our team and we will be glad to help you!