At Dr Serkan Aygın Clinic, your safety is always our top priority. We understand the seriousness of COVID-19 and want to assure you that we take every precaution to ensure a sterile environment for you. We are closely monitoring the developments with COVID-19 Under recent government mandates. The purpose of this notification is to communicate our current position and approach. We acknowledge that these tough times require an advanced level of precautions to keep our patients and our team members healthy.
As Dr. Serkan Aygın Clinic, we are taking every precaution regarding sanitation, disinfection, and general workplace hygiene to ensure that clients and employees enter a clean and safe environment. In spite of the difficult situations going on locally and internationally, people will continue to have concerns that arise with scalp health and hair loss,and they will continue to require skilled assessment, treatment, as well as ongoing care. Given this situation, the team at Dr. Serkan Aygın Clinic would like you to know about the steps we’re taking against the COVID-19.
To provide the best treatment for our patients, we are taking the following precautions:
Symptoms of Illness
Before appointment, patients will be asked if they have following symptoms:
- Have a fever or experiencing upper respiratory symptoms such as coughing and shortness of breath.
- Experiencing sore throat, headache and lack of smell or taste.
- Patients coming to the hospital for appointments and scheduled testing will be asked a series of questions about symptoms, have their temperature taken and be asked to wear a mask. If patients show no symptom, they will be cleared to go to their appointment. If they are not cleared, they will be masked and instructed to go home, monitor their symptoms and consider seeking medical attention through a virtual visit.
- If a patient is considered to be in a high-risk category, the option of an online consultation will be encouraged.
Protocols For Wearing Masks and Surgical Gloves In Clinic
- Each doctor and medical worker who wears a mask and surgical gloves outside of direct patient care will be issued a single procedure mask at the beginning of their shift. These masks and surgical gloves will be worn for the duration of the shift.
- Masks should always cover the nose and chin when worn.
- Hand hygiene must be performed before and after touching your mask and surgical gloves.
- Your mask should be stored in a clean and dry place when eating or drinking.
- For all, whether masked or not, there will be no more eating or drinking in patient care areas or within 6 feet of another person.
Number of Patients and Visitors
Visitation is limited to one visitor per patient per day. These visitors must also be screened by answering questions, have temperatures checked and asked to wear a mask. Most of the time, you will be the only patient in a given waiting area or other room. We also request that patients strictly limit or eliminate the number of guests that may accompany them to their appointments. Additional measures have been taken to further restrict patient flow and decrease the number and proximity of patients throughout the clinic.
As always, we follow strict sanitation and infection control protocols. Anyone coming into our clinic for a hair transplant procedure or consultation is given a mask and gloves upon entry.
- For sanitation, we constantly use HEPA Filters in our operation rooms. HEPA Filters can clean the air every 2-3 minutes in a room, including microorganisms. In this way, there will always be fresh air to be breathed in our operation rooms.
- Secondly, in our operation room, there are Ultraviolet C lamps. Upon completion of operations, the lamps are turned on. These lamps have a lethal effect against microorganisms (microbes) and clean the operation room until the next operation.
- Operation room, including the operation surfaces, is cleaned with disinfectant fluids at the end of each operation.
- Sinks and hand sanitization areas are located inside or within close proximity to all entry points and patient care areas. In addition to our standard post-care and nightly cleaning protocols, we are consistently re-sanitizing waiting areas, doorways, equipment and procedure rooms in our clinic between each patient throughout the day to minimize risks.
Minimizing Physical Contact
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 in a clinic environment, it is important that all reasonably practicable actions are taken to identify hazards. For this reason, as a clinic, we decided to minimize physical contact. For now, we will show our respect to patients with words, not by touch.
If any of our team members have potential or certain exposure to COVID-19, they will be restricted from returning to work until their self-quarantine has ended. Additionally, any team member who has signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to return to work until after an appropriate self-quarantine period. During Pandemic, we have transitioned personnel out of the office to work-from-home where possible and so that we could maintain our Clinic’s works and satisfy our patient’s needs.
As Dr. Serkan Aygın Clinic
We will continue to take additional precautions for our patients and offer in-person as well as long-distance appointment, follow-up and post-procedure consultations via our “Online Consultation Form”. As of this time, there is no reason for concern for our patients, nor our medical team. With the proper measures in place, we can assure the safety of everyone involved.
The health and safety of patients, employees and our community are our highest priority. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.